- In all transactions with customers, Booksellers are expected to act in a way that will be a credit to the ABooksearch.com community of Booksellers. Please endeavor to conduct business in a dignified, professional, courteous manner.
- Booksellers are expected to stand by their 'Terms of Sale', especially those concerning refund policy and to reply to customers' inquiries and sales requests promptly.The Bookseller should reply to an inquiry about an unavailable book in the same prompt manner as replying to a sale.
- Booksellers should remove their 'solds' in a timely fashion. At a minimum, removal of 'solds' should be made every few days. If you remove a sold item from other on-line databases/listing services, you need to remove it from ABooksearch.com at the same time. The quick removal of 'solds' improves the reliability of the database and engenders repeat customers.
- The Bookseller is responsible for accurate descriptions of the books they list.
- Book descriptions cannot include any defamatory remarks or allusions to any person, race, sex, religion, country, business or creed. No pornographic descriptions are allowed, no matter the content of the book.
- Book descriptions must not contain information that should more appropriately go in the Bookseller's 'Terms of Sale'. No shipping information, no announcement of sales or discounts, no reference to other book listing services shall be placed in the book descriptions.
- Any photocopied material or books must be prominently identified as "photocopied".
- Shipping and handling costs must be clearly stated in the Bookseller's 'Terms of Sale'. Once a sale is completed, the item should be shipped promptly thereafter, and if there is to be any delay, the customer should be informed. If an item fails to arrive at the customer destination within a reasonable amount of time, the bookseller shall willingly make refund. Refund and return policies should be stated clearly in the 'Terms of Sale'. 'Terms of Sale' cannot include mention of other book listing services and/or search engines; URLs, except those that link to the Bookseller's own store's web page, are not allowed, except by prior arrangement with ABooksearch.com. ABooksearch.com reserves the right to edit such from the Bookseller's 'Terms of Sale'.